Holgate Brewhouse Brewer
A pioneer of the Australian craft beer industry, Holgate Brewhouse has been brewing innovative, award-winning beers since 1999 in the village of Woodend, Victoria. We are now looking to add a Brewer to our team. This is a great opportunity to work within a successful business in a beautiful, country location with a brand-new production facility to boot! Our new equipment includes:
- Fully automated 50hL Braukon brewhouse incl. malt handling
- Leibinger 24-head rotary bottle filler
- Keg Technik keg cleaner/filler
- Improved cellar and yeast propagation
As an experienced brewer you will be able to hit the ground running in our busy facility. You will be a fast learner and join us as we commission our brand new brewhouse. However, this is still very much a hands-on role as we have a mix of highly manual and automated processes. You will enjoy working independently as well as part of a team, collaborating on seasonal releases and on-going recipe and process development.
We are a small, tightly-knit team and the successful candidate will join us in covering a variety of tasks, including but not limited to:
- Wort production on new 50hL brewhouse as well as original 15hL manual brewhouse
- Cellaring, incl. fermentation & yeast management, dry hopping & centrifugation.
- Lab work
- CIP/SIP of plant, tanks etc.
- Packaging: bottle & keg
- Warehousing incl. safe use of forklift
- Occasional representation of the brewery at events & festivals etc.
- Minimum 2 years professional brewing experience
- Flexibility regarding shift work (mornings/afternoons Mon – Fri)
- Physically fit: able to work safely and tidily in a manual environment
- Valid Australian Forklift Licence
- Accurate & diligent record keeping
- A working knowledge of Microsoft office
- The right to work permanently in Australia
- Collaborative attitude with ego in check!
Looked upon very favourably:
- Science background and/or brewing qualification
- Skills in electrical automation, machinery maintenance and troubleshooting
Remuneration commensurate with experience. We are also advertising for an Assistant Brewer. Please mention which ad you are responding to and send application to: firstname.lastname@example.org