A brewer is required to join our production team at one of Victoria's premier Craft Beer producers as we increase our production out-put and grow into newly expanded fermentation cellar and packaging line.
Brewing jobs: Brewer
Holgate Brewhouse is one of the pioneers of the Australian craft beer industry, and from 1999 this family business has gone from strength to strength, focusing on brewing all our beers in-house at Woodend, Victoria.
Joining our production team, lead by Owner/Founder Paul Holgate, the successful candidate will hold down a variety of shifts, from brewing to cellaring, laboratory work, keg cleaning and filling, bottling line, centrifuge and filtration.
The ideal Candidate:
You will come with a love of craft beer and the technical aspects of creating brews from traditional brewing processes. You will have a suitable Brewing qualification, or be working towards one. Ideally, you will have experience at other commercial breweries however lack of experience can be overlooked for the right person. You will love getting your "hands dirty" working with the team in knocking out a brew, cleaning kegs or operating the bottle line. But also have the diligence and care to manage yeast propagations and fermentation/cellar management.
Your success in the role wold be enhanced by having:
- Strong personal, team building and empathy skills
- igh self-motivation to get the job done with various stake-holders relying on you
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to meet KPIs on production targets, record keeping, and brewery house-keeping
- High personal integrity to uphold the Holgate name in the market
- A strong knowledge of recipe development and technical brewing
- A working knowledge of Microsoft office and general computer literacy
- Experience with running and fixing machinery
This is a fantastic opportunity to work within a successful business that is on a strong growth curve, with a commitment for brewing ourselves and generating interest and education on craft beer through our own BrewPub, Hotel and brewing operations in Woodend, Victoria. With a dynamic and respected brand in the industry, you will be rewarded for your commitment and determination to succeed and seeing the brand develop to a new level both in Australia and export.
Remuneration commensurate with experience.